Assuming that you actually get here to this part, here's some reasons that the dying person emails are fake, aside from the fact that they are ALWAYS a scam.

If you have read about how to identify a scam email (which is here) then in addition to things like bad grammar, poor spelling, even poorer punctuation, the use of free email servers, etc. these are some other things that make a dying person email completely bogus.


1. "I am a rich merchant in...."
Dubai seems to be a popular place, except all the rich merchants there seem to be dying of cancer. Why is that? It's real simple: there is no rich, dying merchant. There is only a scammer/ criminal who wants to steal your money. The best thing to do with the email is delete it and forget it.

2. "I want to donate my money to charity."
Oh, well then the dying person doesn't need you, they need a lawyer/barrister. Creating a charity and then donating money to it requires one of those. Unless you are a lawyer/barrister then there is not a single thing you can help that poor dying person. But there is no dying person anyway, there is only a scammer/ criminal who wants to steal your money. The best thing to do with the email is delete it and forget it.

3. "I don't want any phone calls about this matter"
This is often found in an email from some poor dying woman. She doesn't want a phone call from you? Of course not. "She" isn't a woman, she is a he and he is a scammer/ criminal who wants to steal your money. He doesn't want to talk to you as a woman because although a few scammer / criminals can do a fairly passable falsetto voice, most of them can't and it would be pretty obvious you were not speaking to a woman. The best thing to do with the email is delete it and forget it. There is no dying woman.

4. "I am a deaf widow.".
No, "he" isn't but this is a good excuse for him not to talk to you. If you did talk to him you would find out that he is male and probably has a thick West African accent.

5. "I decided not to re-marry or get a child outside my matrimonial home which the Bible is strongly against."
I'm not sure about this one. I've read the Bible, cover to cover, several times and I've never seen anything like this in there at all. This seems like completely errant nonsense to me but maybe someone out there can point me to some place where it actually says that, Old Testament or New testament. Personally I think it's some garbage a scammer has invented but I admit I could be wrong.

6. "We cold not produce any child"
Apparently these people know nothing about human reproduction or they have taken marital vows of celibacy. In the event they do actually practice sex without producing any children they apparently also know nothing about IVF treatment or they have never heard of adoption. In short, it's a scam.

7. "My husband died after a brief illness lasting only four days."
Isn't that always the way.